Spaghetti squash differs from other varieties of squash in that when it is cooked its flesh comes away in spaghetti-like strands. Spaghetti squash is usually ivory or yellow in colour, but some varieties are striped. Choose fruit that is firm with a smooth skin.
From l’Encyclopédie visuelle des aliments
Ingredients for 4 portions
- 1 spaghetti squash, cut in half
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) crushed chili pepper
- Salt to taste
- 796 ml (28 oz) canned tomato puree
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Place the two halves of squash in an ovenproof dish, cut side down.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until tender.
- Remove the seeds and, using a fork, separate the ribbons of flesh to make “spaghetti”.
- For the sauce: heat the olive oil over a medium heat, add the chopped garlic and fry gently without letting it brown. Add the chilli flakes and stir for a few minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and leave to simmer for 20 minutes until the sauce thickens. Season to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the spaghetti and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Source : Metro