All parts of the zucchini are edible, including its tender skin and delicately flavoured flowers. The flowers are often eaten stuffed or deep -fried. Zucchini are rich in vitamin C, which boosts the body’s immune system and helps wounds to heal.
From l’Encyclopédie visuelle des aliments
Ingredients for 4 portions
- 4 fillets of sea bream (or other fish)
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 tbsp. parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup cooking cream 35%
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- In a frying pan, melt the butter over a medium-high heat. When the butter starts to colour, add the bream fillets and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a gratin dish.
- Using the same frying pan, sauté the shallot and zucchini for 2 minutes. Add the parsley and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the cream and allow the sauce to thicken until it coats the back of a spoon.
- Pour the sauce over the fish and sprinkle with grated cheese. Season.
- Place under the broiler for a few minutes until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown. Serve right away.
Recipe from l’Encyclopédie des aliments