The Radicchio was originally from Italy and is known as a garden plant. It was developed from wild Chicory and is reputed to be very bitter. It is cultivated in Italy since the 16th century, It is also farmed in France and North America. The Radicchio has green leaves that turn to red when the temperature chills down. It has the same size as Boston lettuce or Chicory.
Ingredients for 4 portions
- 1 chopped Radicchio
- 1 chopped shallot 2/3 cup of cheese
- ½ cup of 35% cream
- 2 cups of cooked penne pasta Parmesan, and pepper as desired
- Fry delicately the choppep shallot
- Add the Radicchio and cook until slightly golden
- Add the cheese (gorgonzola or…) and cream
- Keep on cooking until you obtain an smooth creamy blend.
- Add the pasta. Mix thoroughly, add pepper and parmesan as topping.