Kaki is the fruit of the persimmon tree (Diospyros kaki), which is native to China. The word “kaki” is Japanese for persimmon; it is the national fruit of Japan. Persimmons are also grown in Korea, Israel and the United States. When ripe, persimmons have a soft, sweet and aromatic flesh, and are delicious with or without the peel.
From l’Encyclopédie visuelle des aliments
- 4 pears or apples
- 2 kakis
- ½ cup of water
- 2 pinches of vanilla powder
- Peel and core the pears (or apples); cut into cubes.
- Peel the kakis and chop the fruit into small pieces.
- Put all the ingredients in a saucepan.
- Cover the saucepan and cook over low heat (simmer) for 25 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Blend in a food processor or blender until smooth and let cool to room temperature. Spoon into dessert glasses and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe from http://cuisine.journaldesfemmes.com